Salat al-Ibraheemiya (Arabic: صلاة الابراحيمية; Prayer of Ibrahim), commonly known in South Asia as Durood e Ibrahim or Durood Sharif, is a prayer to the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, that was revealed by the Prophet (ﷺ) himself.
It has been mentioned in different hadith books like Bukhari and Muslim, where it has been mentioned that it is the best and complete form of salutations upon the Messenger of Allah, may God bless him and grant him peace. It is usually recited in a sitting position after Tashahhud.
In Islam, Durood Sharif is considered a highly recommended practice and is said to bring immense rewards and blessings to those who recite it with devotion and sincerity. It is considered a powerful tool for protection, forgiveness and success in all aspects of life.
Read more: durood shareef
Durood e Ibrahim In Arabic
Durood e Ibrahim Transliteration
Durood e Ibrahim in English Translation
Durood e Ibrahim in Urdu Translation
Meaning Of Durood Sharif
The word “durood” comes from the Arabic language and means “blessing” or “greeting”. The purpose of Durood Sharif is to gain closeness to Allah (ﷻ) and the Messenger of Allah (SAW) and to obtain the blessings and mercy of Allah (SWT) for oneself and others.
Benefits of Durood e Ibrahim
The benefits of reciting Durood e Ibrahim (peace and blessings be upon the Prophet Muhammad) are considered numerous in Islam. Some of these benefits include:
- Increasing Blessings and Rewards from Allah (God) – Reciting Durood e Ibrahim is considered to bring great blessings and rewards from Allah (ﷻ), as it is considered a means of love and respect for the Prophet Muhammad (PBHM).
- Protection from Troubles and Afflictions – Durood e Ibrahimi is believed to provide protection from troubles and afflictions in life and brings peace and tranquility to those who recite it regularly.
- Forgiveness of sins – It is believed that reciting Durood Ibrahim helps in seeking forgiveness of one’s sins and purifying the heart and soul.
- Better Relationships with Others – Regular recitation of Durood e Ibrahimiya is said to bring better relationships with others, increase one’s charisma, and promote harmony in one’s social interactions.
- Increase in peace and contentment – Durood Ibrahim is believed to bring peace and contentment to the heart and mind and bring a sense of prosperity and happiness.
- Enhancing one’s spiritual well-being – Regular recitation of Darood Ibrahim is believed to improve one’s spiritual well-being and bring greater connection with Allah (ﷻ).
- Intercession on the Day of Judgment: Durood Sharif is said to be a means of intercession on the Day of Judgment and salvation in the Hereafter.
In Conclusion , Durood Sharif is a prayer in Islam that is recited to invoke the blessings and mercy of Allah (SWT) upon Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and to seek nearness to Allah (SWT) and the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ).