Surah Al Zalzalah, also known as “The Earthquake,” is the 99th chapter and Juz 30 of the Quran. It is a Meccan surah, meaning it was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Mecca before the migration to Medina. The surah is named after the word “zalzalah,” which means “earthquake” in Arabic, and refers to the shaking of the earth on the Day of Judgment.
The surah is a short chapter, consisting of only 8 verses (Ayaat), but it packs a powerful message about the reality of the Day of Judgment and the accountability of every individual for their actions in this life. The surah starts by describing the shaking of the earth on the Day of Judgment, which will be a sign of the impending doom.
The surah al Zalzalah then goes on to describe the actions of the righteous and the wicked on that day. The righteous will be in a state of peace and tranquility, while the wicked will be in a state of fear and despair. The surah reminds us that every action we take in this life will have consequences in the hereafter, and that we will be held accountable for everything we have done.
The surah concludes by emphasizing the importance of doing good deeds and avoiding evil, as the only way to attain salvation on the Day of Judgment.
Read online: surah at taghabun
Surah Al Zalzalah In Arabic
بِسۡمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ إِذَا زُلۡزِلَتِ ٱلۡأَرۡضُ زِلۡزَالَهَا وَأَخۡرَجَتِ ٱلۡأَرۡضُ أَثۡقَالَهَا وَقَالَ ٱلۡإِنسَٰنُ مَا لَهَا يَوۡمَئِذٖ تُحَدِّثُ أَخۡبَارَهَا بِأَنَّ رَبَّكَ أَوۡحَىٰ لَهَا يَوۡمَئِذٖ يَصۡدُرُ ٱلنَّاسُ أَشۡتَاتٗا لِّيُرَوۡاْ أَعۡمَٰلَهُمۡ فَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيۡرٗا يَرَهُۥ وَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٖ شَرّٗا يَرَهُۥ
Surah Al Zalzalah Transliteration
Bismillah hir-rahman nir-raheem Izaa zul zilatil ardu zil zaalaha Wa akh rajatil ardu athqaalaha Wa qaalal insaanu ma laha Yawmaa izin tuhaddithu akhbaaraha Bi-anna rabbaka awhaa laha Yawma iziny yas durun naasu ash tatal liyuraw a’maalahum Famaiy ya’mal mithqala zarratin khai raiy-yarah Wa maiy-y’amal mithqala zarratin sharraiy-yarah
Surah Al Zalzalah in English Translation
In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake And the earth discharges its burdens And man says, “What is [wrong] with it?” – That Day, it will report its news Because your Lord has commanded it. On that Day people will proceed in separate groups1 to be shown ˹the consequences of˺ their deeds. So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it, And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.
Surah Al Zalzalah Benefits
- Protection against natural disasters: Surah Az-Zalzalah is believed to provide protection against earthquakes and other natural disasters.
- Protection against spiritual and physical harm: This Surah is believed to provide protection against spiritual and physical harm, including negative influences and evil intentions.
- Increase in wealth: Reciting Surah Al-Zalzalah is believed to bring increase in wealth and prosperity.
- Increase in knowledge: Surah Al Zalzalah is believed to increase one’s knowledge and understanding of the Quran.
- Forgiveness of sins: This Surah is believed to be a means of forgiveness for sins, as it mentions the accountability of the deeds in the day of judgement.
- Improve in relationships: Surah Al-Zalzalah is believed to improve relationships and bring harmony among people.
- Protection against the trials of the hereafter: This Surah is believed to provide protection against the trials and hardships of the hereafter.
- A reminder of the end of the world: Surah Az-Zalzalah serves as a reminder of the end of the world and the importance of being prepared for the day of judgement.
It’s important to note that these benefits are based on Islamic beliefs and practices, and should be taken in that context. Additionally, reciting or reading Quran has many benefits for overall well-being and spiritual growth.